The causes of this are mainly due to two elements: the generalization of comprehensive hair removal, which exposes the entire anatomy and makes the labia minora more visible, leading women to want to undergo surgery to reduce their size; and the change in the mentality of Spanish society, which is less conservative today than in the past.
An intimate or vaginal surgery is the set of plastic or aesthetic interventions that can be carried out in the woman's genital area
In this sense, among women there are a multitude of treatments for the intimate area, each one to correct or reshape a different aspect. Dr. Nicolau tells us what they are.
1. Labiaplasty. It is the most requested treatment by women. When the excessive growth of the labia minora makes sexual intercourse or proper urination difficult, it can be solved by going under the knife.
2. Increase in volume of the labia majora. As with the pubis, over the years there may be a reduction in fat in this area. The filler solves it.
3. Liposculpture of the pubis. Fat tends to accumulate or disappear from certain areas over the years. As in other areas of the body, liposculpture removes where it is left over and fills in where it is necessary.
4. Clitoriplastia. It consists of a reduction of the clitoris. The clitoris increases in size with age (it is not only what you see on the outside, on the inside it can measure between 8 and 12 centimeters long and 6 centimeters wide), becoming seven times larger after menopause than at birth .
5. Perineal reconstruction. A difficult delivery or some type of trauma can cause an elongation or contraction of the perineal area.
6. Vaginal tightening without surgery. As in the perineal area, the vaginal canal can be widened due to childbirth. To avoid entering the operating room, this channel can be narrowed by bio-absorbable fillers.
8. Hymenoplasty. The reconstruction of the hymen. It is usually due to religious and / or cultural causes.